Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook

Follow Hankerie Pinterest

 
"Baker, Blogger, Food writer, recipe developer & culinary enthusiast. From Passion to Profession"

About me

Hankerie Adding food to Life

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Volcano Cupcakes


If you know me well, I always like to being myself to invent new bakes. Well, for today's bake, I call it as Volcano Cupcakes but it's the dead volcano without any eruption.

Previously, I been asked by few of my readers/fans regarding on what's the difference between cupcakes & muffins. They all look the same. Well, for your benefits, I summarized it as below:
  1. Cupcake is essentially the same as a whole cake. It is simply baked and served in a portion to serve one individual. It usually contains butter and sweet; decorated on the top. 
  2. Muffin is one of the easiest things to bake. It is simply mixing the wet and dry ingredients together and some recipes do not even require the use of an electronic beater or whisk. Normally muffin is healthier than the cupcakes.



My recipe as below
Cake:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp mocha powder (decor)

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tins with liners.
  2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; sieve well .
  3. In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg & vanilla essence and beat until incorporated. Mix in the mixture of no.2. Pour into the cupcakes liner.
  4. Bake in preheated oven on center for 28-30 minutes. Cool at room temperature for about half an hour and then chill until very cold.
  5. Dust some mocha powder as decoration.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.

Comments

kok chuan said…
so that's the difference. But, which is the softer and lighter?
Hankerie said…
BB, the muffin is much softer 7 lighter but the cupcakes taste better.
I see, now I can diff the two, thanks for sharing. Your cupcake look simple and good.
Edith said…
i like the looks of your cupcake and the name you given.
Hankerie said…
@ Sonia & Edith: Thanks dearies.
Anonymous said…
Ohh..there's baking soda in my muffins recipe. Does that make it different? Natalie
Hankerie said…
@ Natalie: No, I do not use any baking soda for baking my cupcakes as I've used the baking powder in my recipe.
Anonymous said…
hello my beautiful world
hello everyone on this place!
i am Kate
Hankerie said…
Hello, Kate. Welcome to Hankerie's world.