Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook

Follow Hankerie Pinterest

 
"Baker, Blogger, Food writer, recipe developer & culinary enthusiast. From Passion to Profession"

About me

Hankerie Adding food to Life

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

Halloween Pumpkin Cake Pops


"Hello from Brisbane!" I've reached at Australia safe & sound yesterday. Thanks to my fans & friends for asking me. Hankerie will be established in Brisbane soon :) so looking forward.

Today is my last Halloween post - Cake Pops. For sure some of you must be wondering are they lollipop or cake? Yes, they are the both combination. Cake pops are basically little smushed balls of cake and frosting (kind of like when you used to smash your leftover cake all in pieces, maybe with some cream/frosting, and eat it as goop). You bake up a cake, let it cool, tear it into fine crumbs, stir in something to hold it all together, and roll it in balls. As easy as that! They're terribly cute, and they're also a great way to use for any party or event. Also, I've used up my leftover fondant icing for the decoration. Alternatively, you may melted some chocolate and coat the cake pop.

Happy Halloween.

I am submitting this for Hankerie's Halloween Party (October 2011)


Comments

Janine said…
oh wow are you going to be permanently based in brisbane? the weather's great there now and the food's awesome - I bet you're gonna have lots of inspiration to bake new things ;p looking forward to them!
Hankerie said…
@ Janine: Hello, long time no hear from you. I will be at Brisbane until mid next year. Yes, I cant wait to bake by using the freshest ingredients & fruits here. Can you imagine, the super huge Avogadro here - 2 big one selling at only AUD1.50!!!