Report Abuse

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook

Follow Hankerie Pinterest

 
"Baker, Blogger, Food writer, recipe developer & culinary enthusiast. From Passion to Profession"

About me

Hankerie Adding food to Life

Labels

Pages

Skip to main content

DIY Ice Cream Mooncake



Followed by my previous contemporary style of mooncake titled "DIY Bunny Mochi Mooncake", it encourages me to make new mooncake creation. For those who does not like traditional mooncake, perhaps this ice cream mooncake is the best choice of you. It is nice to have during this Mid-autumn festive, in the same time as a good dessert for the family to enjoy different way of ice cream.

I believe that everybody heard of Häagen-Dazs ice cream mooncake before and it costs a bomb. Today, I make my hand dirty to make my own Hankerie's Bulla Ice cream mooncake too. If you're ask me what is the recipe of this mooncake, as easy as that, they are only 3 things here - Belgium Dark Chocolate, Bulla's Chocolate Ice Cream and Bulla's Passion Fruit Yogurt ice cream. So sorry that I do not measure the ingredients this time, what you need to do is just fill up the 2/3 of ice cream, and cover it with another layer melted chocolate. Put into freezer and let it set.


See the photo below:
I am using passion fruit yogurt ice cream to represent the egg yolk but too bad it is not round enough,


Tried out 4 different molds here:
Traditional style ice cream mooncake - believe or not, people will think this is chocolate traditional mooncake



Rounded fish ice cream mooncake - I like it the most.

Lotus Flower ice cream mooncake



Butterfly ice cream mooncake



Happy Mid-Autmn Festival.

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011) hosted by

Comments

Torviewtoronto said…
beautifully done I haven't had this
ann low said…
Beautiful! I love those moulds.
Happy Moongcake Festival!
Hankerie said…
@ Torviewtoronto: You may try to do your own. I guess it will be easy to get that 3 ingredients at Canada.

@ Ann: Happy mid-autumn to you too!
Cheah said…
You're very creative and I simply adore those moulds!
Hankerie said…
@ Cheah: Thanks. Im still looking for my daily inspiration for everything.